Lubrication is a staple need in the marine industry. It plays a very crucial role in engine maintenance, may it be to prevent possible damage or adapt to harsh conditions. All these are needed in order to ensure that both engine and equipment can perform in their optimal capacity regardless of where and when they operate.
Because of the major role that marine lubricants play in the marine industry, it is important for businesses owners to carefully choose the marine oil they are going to use in their operations. Needless to say, their choice of lubricant alone may already make or break their operation.
Among the most trusted and widely used marine lubricants, most especially, are those developed by Shell. What makes this company’s line so special is the fact that the marine lubricants and greases that they developed are designed to address specific issues in marine lubrication. What this means is that Shell has a lubricant to solve a wide array of engine and equipment problems in the industry.
Here are some of the Shell marine lubricants that you may want to check out. All of these have been specifically made to have longer life, thus reducing the need to change oil frequently, and have been designed to improve system efficiency:
• Shell Alexia has been developed in answer to the creation of bigger and bulkier container ships that run using engines with super long strokes. These kinds of engine are prone to cold corrosion. To address this problem, Alexia offers an advance triple-action technology which specifically targets smart detergency and acid blocking and neutralization through its variants in the form of the three Shell cylinder oils.
• Shell Argina offers a revolutionary way to address stress management. In this way, it can help improve engine performance and reduce over-the-top engine maintenance cost.
• Shell Corena protects the engine components from wearing specifically the control vane, screw, cylinder, piston ring and valve even in high temperature and in longer operations.
• Shell Gadinia is specially used for severe service main propulsion and auxiliary marine trunk piston engines. This oil is very ideal for cases where oil consumption control is highly needed especially when using modern engines.
• Shell Gadus Greases are designed for multi-purpose uses and is ideal for those who want to keep their oil products to a minimum. However, it also has special components that could be used for severe temperature and long-life applications.
• Shell Morlina offers consistency and reliability as it offers over the top protection from oxidation and water separation.
• Shell Omala gives increased protection and extended oil change schedules. For those operators who are looking for improved wear protection and longer oil life, this is definitely the lubricant for them.
• Shell Strombus targets specifically the stern tube components and protects it from possible wearing and corrosion. It is very emulsive and is perfect for metal protection even in water.
• Shell Tellus is used for hydraulic equipment and applications and offers air release filterability and cleanliness and longer pump life.
• Shell Turbo is intended for the turbines. Among its very useful features is its ability to drain excess water from the lubrication system, thus reducing risk of damage. Further, it also thwarts onset of rust formation.
With all these choices, Shell definitely has something in its sleeves to help you out with your marine equipment and engine problems. So what are shell morlina waiting for? All you have to do is check out the list of various marine lubricants and their specialty uses and then contact the nearest Shell marine lubricants distributor to start saving on maintenance cost and improve your day-to-day operation.